8 Fundamental Steps to Guest Post Blogging
By aipl in Guest Posting
Guest post blogging is one of the lesser known marketing strategies that a brand can use to extend its reach and tap new audiences and niches. For business owners, it can be used to generate all kinds of website traffic that result in an increase in customer conversion.
If you want to include guest post blogging in your list of marketing strategies, it’s important to familiarize yourself with the necessary steps to get your guest post published. In this article, we will be going through these steps in detail.
Step 1 – Prep your blog
Before submitting your entries, you must first prep your blog. You want your future visitors to see working backlinks, high-quality and credible blog entries, and a clutter-free interface when they come across your website.
Step 2 – Establish your blogging goals
Establishing your blogging goals is among the preliminary steps that you should take with this marketing strategy. You also need to know whether or not guest posting is the right marketing strategy for you. It’s a key marketing preparation that lets you know which blogs can achieve the best results. One of the typical goals to aspire is making a name for yourself in whatever industry you belong. Of course, you also want to achieve the most traffic and migration. Typically, these goals are treated as a top priority in developing one’s brand.
Step 3 – Look for guest post blogging opportunities
There are several places to look for opportunities for guest posting. Before scouring the internet for these opportunities, you must first set criteria to narrow these options down.
First of all, you want the blog to be related to your industry or niche. You want to tap an interested audience to maximize traffic redirects and client conversion. Another thing you should consider is the volume of entries that the blog posts on a regular basis. You also want the administrator or blog owner to be active on social media and has sufficient digital influence for added promotion.
Where to find guest post blogging opportunities?
1. Google Search – Finding anything on the internet requires a little trip to search engines like Google. The trick to achieving the most precise results is using the right keywords. In the case of looking for guest post blogging opportunities, you may key in “guest post” or “submit a guest post” followed by any industry-related keyword.
2. Social Media – Anyone these days is present on social media. If you follow authority sites related to your niche on their social media accounts, there’s a great chance that you’ll find juicy opportunities to collaborate or submit guest blog posts.
3. Guest Blogger Communities – Signing up with guest blogger communities such as BlogDash and GroupHigh is a great way for you to build your blogging network and expand your target reach. These blogger communities are trusted by world-renown brands of different industries.
Step 4 – Study your chosen host
Before introducing yourself and your blog to your chosen host website, you must first study the blog. You must know their niche and audience, familiarize yourself with the kind of posts they publish, and determine which posts get the most traffic. When you’re done with this step, you may now pitch your guest post.
Step 5 – Pitch your guest post
Before sending out an email of your pitch to the blog owner, you’ll want to earn some recognition first. Commenting on their latest posts on social media is a good way to do this. You don’t want to pitch a guest post unwarranted.
Only pitch a guest post when the blog is specifically asking for guest posts, or when it starts publishing a few. If you’re lucky enough, the blog owner could invite you himself by way of social media.
Step 6 – Create a solid author’s bio
Creating a solid author’s bio is a crucial element in guest post blogging. This is usually the only time where you’re allowed to include links that redirect to your blog and social media accounts. The trick here is to keep it short and catchy. You want to capture the attention of your audience and lead them to your blog. This tutorial contains a bunch of effective strategies to help you out in this area.
Step 7 – Craft a great guest post
The key to crafting a great guest post is to adhere to the given guest posting guidelines. These usually include the following:
- Should be in the same format as the ones on host blog
- Should include internal links
- No promotional or affiliate links
- Should have a great headline, structure, and conclusion
- Should have a call-to-action towards the end
- Word requirement should be the same as other blog posts
Step 8 – Be an active guest poster and get recognized in blogging communities
Guest posting is not just about submitting an article to a fellow blogger. It’s about creating business relationships, building your blogging network, and keeping in touch with your community even after your guest post has been published. Respond to as many comments as you can and promote the article on all your social media accounts for an added marketing boost.
Guest post blogging can be really tricky as it dons a lot of prerequisite steps. On the other hand, it can also be an incredibly powerful marketing strategy if done the right way. We all know that an effective marketing strategy is a vital factor in establishing and developing one’s brand and online presence. On top of this, you can also learn new ways of brand marketing in several online platforms, such as social media and guest post blogging communities.
Leave a Comment